Sunday, December 30, 2007

The long road to total recovery

It has been almost a month since my radical prostatectomy. The road to total recovery has been slow and difficult. In the first two weeks, just coping with the pain already consumed much of my energy. Now, I have to deal with the problems of incontinence, insomnia, lack of energy and sometimes feelings of depression.

For me, it has not been an easy and smooth path as some people have suggested to me. This kind of positive thinking is not helpful to me. Althought I usually hope for the best, I have always prepared for the worst. I believe that eventually I will attain full discovery, but the post-surgery difficulties and problems turn out to be even more serious than what I have anticipated. My body is full of toxins which have greatly weakened my body and mind. However, in the process, I have learned many valuable spiritual lessons and gained many psychological insights, which I will share with my readers when I gain more strength.

Meanwhile, I just want to wish everyone a blessed New Year.

Paul

1 comment:

Ben said...

When you're in the midst of great suffering that's the best time to learn the truth about human frailty and fragility. Imagine what God's tender opinion of you is.